Families in Transition
If you lose your home, you do not have to lose your school.
Assistance is available for Adrian Public School families with school age children living in the following situations:
- living in shelters
- living in motels
- doubled up with family or friends due to lack of housing or income
- living in campgrounds, cars, or other outside places.
Adrian Public Schools can help:
- Enroll in school without the normal records required. The Home and School Liaison will help you locate lost records or get them from a previous school. You can enroll immediately while records are being located.
- School of Origin can be maintained. This means that if you are in any of the above living situations, your child can stay in the school he or she attended before your living situation changed. We want to help you keep your child in one school for one year, if you choose. Remember: If you lose your home, you do not have to lose your school.
- Transportation can be provided. Students in all of the above situations have the right to be transported to and from school.
- School Supplies, clothes, free breakfast and lunch are all also available when you live in the above situations. Other referrals can also be made.
Home and School Liaison
Adrian Public Schools
785 Riverside Ave., Suite 1
Adrian, MI 49221