Director: David Bull
- Free preschool program supported by federal funding
- Children must be three years old by December 1 the year they enroll
- Children with disabilities are welcome and services are provided on site
- Transportation is available in some areas
- Classroom curriculum uses the High Scope approach
- Daily hot lunches are served in addition to a breakfast or snack
- Health and dental screenings are performed
- "Love and Logic," "Second Step" and "We Are Learning, We are Moving" provide additional social emotional and physical support curriculums
- Staff assist families with accessing services and resources in the community.
- Parent involvement is encouraged
- Children need not be potty trained to enroll
- Several locations and class times are available
Our program exists to serve children and families by providing early childhood education, family support services and community resources.
Head Start Preschool Programs provide FREE services to more than 450 children and families throughout Lenawee County. Our preschool classrooms create a supportive learning environment where children follow a daily routine, participate in literacy and math activities and practice positive social interactions.
Lenawee County: Addison, Onsted, Morenci, Porter schools